Simikot Kailash trek takes us to the unique landmarks and trans-Himalayan landscapes of Tibet along the trekking adventure in Far western development region of Nepal. Initiating from the two scenic flights Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and then Simikot this amazing trek even is the perfect blend of adventurous trek and pilgrimage tour at the roof of the world. Visit to Manasarover lake and enclirling holy mountain Kailash are the main highlights of this trekking tour.
We embark our Simikot Kailash trek as soon as your arrival at Tribhuwan international airport in Kathmandu. Initially we fly towards Nepalgunj from kathmdnu followed by another domestic flight towards Simikot. After having an instant meal we start trekking activity ascending up the hill and walking down to Dharapani where we will stay overnight. Further passing through scenic rice and paddy fields along the river banks we will be arriving at Kermi. Continuing our trekking trails for couple of days towards Yalbang, Tumkot, Yari and Hilsa we pass through various small settlements, villages, fields, rivers and scenic landscapes. We will be crossing the Nepal border followed by drive to famous pilgrimage site Manasarover lake. Continuing our drive to Darchan, this is the starting point of Kailash circuit. Crossing the George and Dolmola pass at 5670 meters of altitude, we complete a Kailash circuit next day. As we head forward to return back, we drive from manasarover via parayang, Saga, Nyalam, Zhangmu and finally back to Kathmandu.
Join Simikot Kailash trek with Euro Asia Treks and get the blended feeling of adventure, peace and tranquility which would definitely be stamped in your memory in years to come.
- 01 Overnight at hotel in Nepalgunj with Half Board.
- 07 Overnights at tent Camp during trek from Simikot to Hilsa on AP Plan.
- 09 Overnights in basic available lodge during Kailash trip on AP Plan with meals prepared by nepali cooks.
- Transfer from Hotel to Airport in Kathmandu and Airport / Hotel / Airport in Nepalgunj.
- Pickup transfer from Hilsa and Drop to Friendship bridge (Nepal / Tibet Boarder by Jeep then drive to Kathmandu by private Vehicle.
- All Camping Services by Nepali Staff in Tibet also.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, medicine and visa for all Nepali Staff.
- English Speaking Sherpa Guide in Nepal with all camping Gears, staff for Nepal Sector.
- English Speaking Tibetan Guide, Tibet Permit, visa and Kailash permit for group.
- Yak and Yak Man for Kailash Kora.
- All Kitchen Gear, Oxygen Cylinder with set incase on emergency.
- pecial Trek Permit for Simikot Trek.
- Airfare: Kathmandu / Nepalgunj / Simikot.
- Nepal Visa and Re – entry visa.
- Tibet Visa fee
- Any Aifares and Airport Taxes
- Beverages and expenses of personal nature.
- Personal Trekking equipments and Tips.
- Any cost occurred due to landslide, political disorder or natural calamities or any unforeseen reason etc.
- Any other expenses which are not included in price include section.
Day to Day itinerary
Day 01 :
- Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj.
Day 02 : Fly from Nepalgunj to Simikot (2910m).
- From here we start our trekking to Humla and Karnali village.
Day 03 : Trek from Simikot to Darapani (2330m).
- We begin the morning with breakfast prepared at camp then starting walking. The trail ascends up to the hill of 3200m then we start to long way walk down and crossing sides to reach Darapani.our camping station at 2330 mt.
Day 04 : Trek from Darapani to Kermi (2700m)
- After breakfast, start trekking crossing beautiful paddy fields then we follow the trail parallel to the river. Few up’s and downs then crossing Small Mountain we arrive to our camping side called Kermi ( 2700mt).
Day 05 : Trek from Kermi to Yalbang (2900m).
- After breakfast at campsite, We start walking ascending up at the beginning and descending down to reach Yalbang by completing this days trekking. This walking will offer you magnificent view of beautiful hilly and mountainous landscape.
Day 06 : Trek from Yallbang to Tumkot (2920m).
- Enjoy hot breakfast and start walking by crossing a hanging bridge to reach Muchu Village. After short rest start trekking again to our camping site. Our destination of this day is Tumkot located at an altitude of 2920 mt.
Day 07 : Trek from Tumkot to Yari (3670m).
- This day we begin our trek by walking along the fields and the small villages on the way. First the trail leads to Bumachiya Khola. After crossing the river, short trek toward the Palbang (3380m). The landscape & the vegetation will be noticeably changed from here and onward. We will reach to our destination of the day Yari at 3670 mt for camping and night halt.
Day 08 : Trek from Yari to Hilsa (3550m).
- This is the last day of trekking in Nepal side, Today we have to be prepared to cross the over 4000m. First we arrive to sip – sip (4300m) and cross Naralanga pass (4580m). During the clear weather one can see beautiful Tibetan landscape and tall Mountains. Finally we will reach Hilsa for camping.
Day 09 : Drive to Manasarovar.
- After crossing the Nepal Border complete the visa formalities to Tibet at border town called Burang, Our Tibetan Guide & Vehicle will be awaiting us there then drive to Manasarovar Lake (4490m). During the drive we cross Gurla pass (4590m) from here we can have first view of Mount Kailash.
Day 10 : Drive to Darchen trek to Derapuk (4860m).
- We start our drive from Manasarovar Lake to Darchen. Darchan is the trek start point to the Kailash round. Our first day trekking for Mt. Kailash Kora will complete at Derapuk (4860m).
Day11 : Trek from Darchen to Zhutulpuk (4760m).
- As we start our trek following the pilgrimage root through George and Dolmola pass (5670m). After the pass walk down Zhutulpuk which is our camp side.
Day 12 : Trek from Zhutulpuk to Darchen (4700m).
- Today we start our rest trek to complete Kailash trek. After our arrival in Darchen we have completed our Kailash round trek and overnight in Darchen.
Day 13 : Reserve day in Manasarovar
- Reserve day in Manasarovar for relaxation and walk in the Lake.
Day 14 to 16 :
- Drive from Manasarovar via Parayang / Saga / Nyalam every day drive is 6 to 7 Hrs.
Day 17 : Drive from Nyalam / Zhangmu / Kathmandu.
- After crossing the friendship bridge complete the immigration process in Nepal side the drive to Kathmandu. During this drive one can enjoy the Charming lush greenery & beautiful waterfalls making you feel like the nature is welcoming you to Nepal. After crossing small towns on the way reach kathmandu to complete the tour