In the afternoon we take a 45 minute drive to Namobuddha (1750m), situated atop a hill near the old town of Dhulikhel. This place is celebrated as the meditation site of Nama Buddha, a Buddha incarnate of ancient times. There is also a legend that the incarnate offered a starving tigress about to devour a helpless child his own limbs so that both the tigress and the child might be saved.
After the Namobuddha visit we have short hike and drive to Panauti; one of the finest existing specimens of an all Newari settlement in Kathmandu and boasts of the 15th century Indreshwar Mahadev Temple, one of the most important temples associated with Newari culture and a Narayan shrine. Afternoon drive to Kathmandu.
- Depart in the morning at 8 AM; and
- Drive to Dhulikhel by private car or Bus
- Mega view of Himalays.Rang of Everst
- 4/5 hours hiking
- Visit monastery and great countryside landscape; short hike to below Namobuddha
- Hiking in Namobuddha
- Local orange farm
- Local daily life of Tamang people.